Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back in Action!!

I have to start by apologizing to my faithful few followers. I haven't abandoned you, and my hiatus has ended. Just to catch you up on the last month... I completed my mock cycle (yay)! I even attempted to let my husband give me an injection... after only sticking the needle half way in he tried to JAM it in further...ouch. Needless to say, I took over from there. He did let me stick a needle in his butt though, LOL, an empty one of course. Which was hilarious. It took about 15 minutes of coersion for him to finally stop flinching and lay still.

The estrogen injections were supposed to build my uterine lining to 7cm (minimum "fluff" required to support the attatchment of an embryo). I had an ultrasound on March 2nd to measure mine... it was 15.3 cm. I guess it's safe to say my body liked the estrogen! Following that appointment, I took 5 days worth of progesterone (in pill form) to release the lining and send my Aunt Flo back to town :/ I was actually super scared about having to shed 15cm of uterine lining (TMI disclaimer). I wonder how thick the lining for a normal period is? Anywho... it came. Only lasted 4 days with 1 day of spotting, which is my norm, but was heavier than usual. Not scary, am-i-hemorraging heavy, but... ya know. Heavy.

So, now I'm on birth control pills, which I'm not super excited about but... what is exciting is that I finally have an estimated date for transfer!! May 5th, give or take a few days in either direction. It's not quite mid-March like I had hoped, but it'll be here in no time! So I'll start my official round of meds in two weeks, which starts with a daily injection of Lupron (to stop my ovulation), follows with more estrogen injections, and finally ends with the dreaded progesterone oil injections :/ BUT... the most important task involved in the process will be (hopefully) met. A confirmed pregnancy!! I'm excited about the date because Mother's Day is the 9th of May and it would be AWESOME to be able to give the news to the intended mother that day! Officially my blood test wouldn't be until about a week after the transfer but, "cheating" is allowed on day 4. Basically take a home pregnancy test and see if you're able to get a positive result. How amazing would it be to wake up on Mother's Day morning and take a pregnancy test and get good news!?...and then to top it off, be able to give that good news a woman who is looking forward so much to being able to celebrate that day in the future! I'll keep hoping and dreaming, but one thing I do know is that regardless of which day the news is given, it's going to be an ecstatic day for all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment