Monday, March 29, 2010

The bright side...

Today is just one of those days. The day where you have to drag yourself out of bed because the kids are screaming but all you want to do is pull the covers over your head... once I finally did get up and get it together, I got the kids breakfast and checked my e-mail like normal and what do I find? My intended mother didn't pay attention to the schedule and continued her birth control after she was supposed to stop. So now, the whole process gets pushed back, only by a few days, but there go my hopes of a Mother's Day pregnancy announcement :/
However, following my practice of trying to find a bright side of things, I found another way of looking at it. I really wanted to get home for the holidays this year. This will be my third year away and besides missing my family during the season, I have a friend who is getting married and my mom is turning 50 so I wanted to do something special for her AND be there to celebrate. I wont be allowed to travel in my 9th month of pregnancy, not that I'd push it that far anyway. So I guess the further into the spring/summer the pregnancy begins... the further away from the holidays I can expect to deliver. I suppose a spring delivery is the closest I can get to a fall delivery at this point anyway so again... some light in a dreary situation :)
If everything goes as scheduled and planned, I will be 8 months during the holidays and set to deliver mid-February... right in the middle of "snowmageddon"... BUT (back to the bright side), I'll have a couple of months to get back down to size for bikini season :) AND a couple will have a beautiful baby to love, in the month that love is most celebrated. That is the ultimate "bright side" :)

3 comments:

  1. I was just reading your posts from the beginning since, well, I couldn't get enough! The story of being a gestational carrier is so inspiring and heartfelt. The sacrifices you must endure to give a couple the baby they desire is simply amazing. I look forward to reading more about your journey!

    Welcome to SITS!
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A military wife, mother of two toddlers and surrogate? You're a brave woman. ;)

    Welcome to SITS. We're happy to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes a very special kind of person to be you!

    I am a little Johnnie-Come-Lately on the SITs welcome wagon but, I did want to say hi! I hope you are enjoying the party:-)

    ReplyDelete