Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day of Conception!

It's been a while (which is starting to become the norm)...so let's play some catch up. Since my last post, I've done a lupron cycle which stopped my ovulation and have now been taking estrogen shots faithfully every 3 days. Last night was the first of a million (or so it seems) progesterone injections. The rumors, sad to say, hold true :( I totally tried to psyche myself out before the shot and convince myself that everyone before me was a drama queen or that is was one of those reverse psychology tactics telling you that the last shot was the worst so that the first ones wouldn't seem so bad...sadly no. The needle was a piece of cake. The injection itself however was the problem. We're talking an entire ML of crisco veggie oil going into your butt muscle...the MUSCLE! Ugh...and this would be the shot that I have to have everyday for the next 3 months :/

Anyhow, moving on to more pleasant things... TODAY is officially the date of conception! Yay! My intended mother is as having eggs extracted from her ovaries...or are they in the uterus already? Either way...they're getting them out as we speak and fertilizing them. We're doing a fresh cycle (meaning they wont freeze the embryos before implanting them into me) so that technically makes me 2 weeks pregnant today! Strange I know...I've yet to figure out why medical professionals start your pregnancy on the last day of your period instead of when you're actually ovulating and conceiving but hey... that's the way it works. So,depending on how the embryos are growing, I will have my transfer on either Sunday or Tuesday. I've got my fingers crossed for Sunday :) How seriously awesome and magical would a Mother's Day transfer be?!

Being the OCD spaz that I am, I've already plugged the conception date into a pregnancy calculator and got a due date of on or around Jan. 27th. So I'm back on the fence about holiday travel plans :/ but needless to say I'm pretty excited about the upcoming week! Keep your fingers all crossed for me! If anything happened to go wrong and the embryo didn't attach properly I'm not sure how long we'd have to wait to start another cycle, and honestly, I'd rather not know.

1 comment:

  1. The Crisco shot in the rear would terrify me! I'm a total weenie! That's great there is a conception date. This must be a super exciting time for everyone! A baby is on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete